Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hola que tal todos?

Hey everyone, thanks for your continued support, love it. Sorry for lax George Negus, but been busy surfing, working, running and cavorting; hard life. Gonna take this opp to say firstly hello to Mealsy and Sandy - president and chief of staff for the BAAGIS fan club - keep up the good work guys!
Yo yo yo to Gazza, remember that bottle of antique Pedro Ximenez I showed you on skype? well I am about to drink it, because I am drunk and if I don't top up I wont make it to the end of this post - its 2 am and im beat - big big day!
Thanks to the ICEX crew, we get a lot of guest chefs passing through the kitchen, and to their astonishment and delight I can usually reel off a list of products, restaurants, chefs, and general knowledge about their respective regions. Today it was Barcelona. Good job team!
Thanks to family, ongoing support appreciated. Thanks to Tess and Hargs for the photos. Congrats to Ros and Tim, still can't believe it, Tim Cassidy a dad! Never would have thought ha ha!
Legs nearly gave out today at work. Felt a quiver in my tendon above my knee, then the whole thing gave out. Wasn't cos I was pissed either. Ran home at twelve thirty to grab a pair of pants and a shirt. Ran like the wind. It's just shy of 3 kilometres into the city from Arzak, and a bus passes every five minutses. From work into the city not a single Beunavista 13 bus passed me. Do the maths - pretty tidy time that - I don't do math 
 E = mc squab. Anyway, I digress. 
It seems all my hard work has paid a dividend - lunch at Arzak - your looking at it, full degustation with drinks. Thats why I had to run home - I had no pants! (ha ha)
If you want me to tell you what your seeing, tough luck - come and eat it yourself, figure it out because actually I am not that sure myself. To the left is a 'Fractal' - mathematical term referring to infinity and chaos - seen here in an edible format. Choice.
Service was good, I had that problem where I could never quite finish my glass of wine. Ducked up to the the staff house afterwards and drank more gin afterwards then showed up to work absolutely pissed. What are they gonna do - it's their fault. Not such a smart move - fully booked and a couple of greenhorns taking the reigns in pastry. Funny thing happened at lunch actually, I was sitting there with Andrea from Guatemala (my buddy for lunch - another chef) and all of a sudden Juan Marie was standing over my shoulder talking to Andrea. Next thing he is asking me where I am from and im saying oh, you know - Australia, and he says oh, my daughter was there for two weeks, and I say oh yeah, I know Elena, and he says "su es un cocinero?" and I say yeah, I work in your f####ng kitchen! His floor staff totally stitched him up, he had no idea! Earned my self a clip upside the head for that one ha ha!
Had a couple of Aussies pass through the kitchen last week. Sometimes guests get the royal treatment - kitchen tour. I tell ya, id trade in a hundred lunches at Arzak for a firm handshake and a good old "G'day mate!" from an absolute stranger. Puts a smile on the dial.
Pretty sure there was more to report but my heads gone, its past 3 and my teeth are already grinding at the thought of getting up for work. Uploading those photos took for ever, I just listened to the entire Soundgarden album Telephantasm (including bonus tracks) while I waited, my heads pounding and im a wreck. Where's that Pedro Ximenez?...........
P.s - George Negus - Foreign Correspondent, you know!





2 comments:

  1. LOL I had no idea i am the "chief of staff for the BAAGIS fan club", it gives me great honor ahahahah, you should post a picture of yourself when you have a chance, I want to see (and your fans) want to see what you look like now with the exercise you've been doing, you must look really different, take care and keep on posting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that lunch looks amazing; I actually recognise nothing but I guess that's the point.
    Hope the head is ok!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete