Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No te TOQUES!!!!!

So some of you have finally figured that I may have had ulterior motives for choosing a placement in San Seb. Well, um.......yep. Biarritz (France's surfing mecca) is half an hour away by train. In the opposite direction is a swell pummelled coast that stretches all the way to Bilbao, including the insanely perfect river-mouth break Mundaka. Just saying it gives me an..erm....smile. Yeah. And this little beauty above is my doorstep. Playa Zakalakaka. Actually it's not called that but it is some crazy Basque name. Anyway, I have named this particular bank 'Middle Crane' - a reference to the cranes that poke up behind the hotels that line the shore. To the left of this photo is 'Kooks Corner' named so because it is favoured by the surf schools that frequent this beach. Down the beach to the right is 'Scoobies', 'Spectators', and 'Outsides'.This is a pretty typical day at middle crane. Dead low tide, three foot on the sets, pretty mellow - waves here tend to get heavier around high tide. I have been enjoying the fruits of this beach on a regular basis. Every day actually. Why do you think it takes me so long to blog????
Apart from the lethargy that comes with surfing too much, I have also acquired the beginnings of a tan. Yep, some waitresses at work were commenting just today. Unfortunately it is solely my head that is tanning, because the rest of me is under water. Shame.


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear, was beginning to wonder if you'd dropped off the face of the earth. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, tan solely on your head, i want to see that ahahah, glad to hear everything is well for you Chippy

    ReplyDelete